Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer Lovin' Had Me A Blast


These past few days have been great for me, especially considering my general dislike of being in Baltimore for the summer. But now that I'm getting into the swing of things with my job, and I have a recent Philly excursion under my belt and another one close on the way, I can really start to enjoy my time and feel like myself.

As a true city girl, I have been doing all sorts of Baltimore-fabulous things. I had my first snowball of the summer; and for those of you who don't know what a snowball is it is a delicious treat of shaved ice with basically any kind of flavored syrup on it, topped off with melty gooey marshmallow. My personal favorite is a lime and margarita combination. Delicious. I also went to one of the free outdoor movies that are offered throughout the city during the summer. My family and I caught "The Princess Bride" on Federal Hill, complete with picnic and all. Saturday I spent my night with my mom at her best friend/my second mother's house, complete with poolside hummus and beers. And today was the icing on the cake. We, being my family and I, went to Artscape, which is the largest free outdoors art festival on the east coast. While it was miserably hot, I had a great time, and even picked up a great birthday present for my partner in crime.

Now with this great weekend behind me I'm looking forward to a fantastic week in front of me, and another reunion with my posse! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment