Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My My My..

Dear Readers of My Blog,

I am so sorry about my lack of recent activity. I would say my life has been busy, which is somewhat true. But mostly, my final days of summer have been boring and monotonous, and I decided you fine people did not need to be bored with that nonsense. But there are some great things to share.

I was privileged to work at party hosted by The Matthews Foundation a few weekends ago. This foundation was started by two families whose sons, both named Matthew, met at the renowned Johns Hopkins Children's Center while undergoing chemo. The party which I helped cater was in celebration of one of the Matthews ending chemo and officially being in remission. The party was so fun, filled with kids and family celebrating life. The foundation also sells these adorable bracelets that have beads that not only represent leukemia, which is what the boys fought, but a number of other cancers.

One a different note, I am quickly coming to the end of my summer job, which means little time left to craft for pay (haha!). I was wondering if anyone out there had cute ideas for easy crafts to decorate my room in the lovely lovely sorority house? It would help me out so much because I have officially run out of ideas :(

Hopefully I will write sooner rather than later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment