Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to School Exclusive: Part 1

Does anyone else remember the Staples commercial where it was the dad with the shopping cart frolicing through Staples and "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" song was playing in the background, and the kids looked miserable because they were school shopping?

No? Only me? Hmm...well I digress

Its back to school season, which really is the most wonderful time of the year in my opinion. I've always been that weird kid that doesn't really like summer, and would spend all my free time reading and doing schoolish stuff. And now the time has come to pack up and move on back to school.

In this first edition of my epic journey of preparing for the start of a glorious new school year I will share my family traditions for this time of year.

First, we must begin with my sister's birthday, which was yesterday. We obviously always do something she wants because its her birthday. That seems self-explanitory. So now we go to this psychic/tarot card reader. I know people think its a scam or hoax, but at the same time its fun and you should always know to not take it 100% seriously. Sidenote--Garnet Rose (that's the psychic's name) said I was going to meet two men this year and one is named Jeff, and Jeff will be studying something in the medical field. So now I'm on the look out :)

Second, in my household we have our epic Target adventure to buy everything, and more, for school. Well this year, it truly was epic. Since I am starting my junior year at the lovely Temple University, I'm basically all set with room supplies and linens and all that fun stuff. But Baby Sister is going off to her first year of college (oh how they grow up so fast), and so our Target adventure involved a whole TWO CARTS. Which let me tell you, at Christmas time I always think those people with the two carts filled with toys look absolutely ridiculous. But now that I was one of those people I see it is obviously because everything sold at Target is either huge, too cute to pass up, or you need 4 of them to survive. So while I went into this Target trip only needing actual school supplies, I came out of it with a dress or two, cardigans, and v-neck galore.

Our third and final tradition is our last night dinner. This is a fairly new tradition as we started it the year I went off to school. All it is is that we have a homemade dinner together at home for our last night together as a family. This year will be especially important because it will be the last time that Baby Sister and I will be home together until Thanksgiving!! And my Mommy Dearest will be in her empty nest :( But she will be fine because she has Step Daddyo and her lovely lovely friends.

On our next edition I will share all my lovely things I've gotten for this upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment