Friday, June 11, 2010

Good Morning (or Late Afternoon) Baltimore!

I have a confession to make, I'm not in Philadelphia. gasp. For this summer I am back at home with my lovely family because long story short, I couldn't find a job in Philly. While it does pain me to the core to be away from my beloved new home, Baltimore was where I was born and raised. And so in honor of Charm City, I'm going to make a list of the 5 things I can't wait to do this summer :)

One. Outdoor Movies! For those of you who have never been to Baltimore, you are really missing out. Similar to other old east coast cities, Baltimore is dominated by neighborhoods. And while some of these neighborhoods have been altered by time, the economy, and condos; the majority of Baltimore's neighborhoods continue to hold on to their original individuality. During the summer months many neighborhoods put on free outdoor movies that begin when the sun goes down. While Little Italy has been doing this for years, about half a dozen other areas around town have jumped on board; meaning you could catch a free movie every night of the week if the weather holds out.

Two. Baltimore Zoo. I don't think this one need much explanation. I love animals, and being outside. Thus, I love the zoo.

Three. Picnic on Federal Hill. This historic look out helped America defeat British troops in both the American Revolution and the War of 1812. Now Federal Hill holds a different meaning to Baltimore, now its a hip area with growing real estate and a fabulous night life. To add to that night life, Federal Hill also plays host to one of the nights of free outdoor movies. So on Thursday nights this summer I will be packing up my dinner of take-out and going with my sister to the movies.

Four. Sunday Morning Farmers' Markets. I love farmers' markets. Nothing is better than fresh fruits and veggies, people watching, and coffee. Its always a lovely time for my mom and me.

Five. Open Houses. What is better than looking for your dream house? Nothing. On many a Sunday, after the farmers' market, my mom, sister, and I head over to a few open houses to plan for our dream homes. A girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment